Friday, September 2, 2016

Let's go open shall we

Chapter One was expected to come this month, it won't. There are too much things to do yet, there is no way I finish it in time. Therefore in order to redempt myself for my sins (though this game itself could be a greater sin, only Ilias knows) I'm making the game repository public.

I'm actually using gitlab, you can find the repository here:
https://gitlab.com/looksty9/JTI2

Everybody is free to make aportations, but please make sure to stick to the TODO list (script.txt), if you want to make an aportation that's not on the TODO send me a mail first.

Exempt to the avobe are in-game books, grammar correction and translations.

As you may see there has been two weeks of inactivity, yep it happens from time to time, the most recent commits are about the Android port, it seems that exporting to Android won't be as easy as expected, but don't panic yet, I'll make sure there is a proper port now that I have a new phone.

Also I've tried to make a standalone for Linux without succes, Linux users will have to install Löve from the repos, probably not much of a hassle for them, Mac users can expect the same fate.


22 comments:

  1. i have no idea how hard it would be, but putting a black outline around the letters would help with legibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is already on the game, I just deactivated some stuff on the latest commits. I'll activate it again tonight.

      The outline is of one pixel only tough, making some kind of shadow will be harder but still doable, maybe someday.

      Delete
  2. After waking up there is: "You both dress up and go out. Time to head to the assembly hall." But ther was no dressup panel. I was slightly disappointed ;)
    But it looks realy good. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gonna make compatible with Windowns 64bits too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, i mean 32 bytes, hehehehe.

      Delete
    2. Download the 32bit zipped version of love2d and put the contents on the "engine" folder of the game, replacing the 64bit version.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm really busy this semester so no, sorry. Last commit added an exit dialog. Also there is a huge problem with performance on android so I'm trying to fix that (though as I said I'm very busy).

      Thanks to the people contributing on the game by the way, even if I'm bussy I'll always have time to checkout new commits.

      Delete
  5. Any free time recently? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey zenox, hoping you're still around. Big fan of your game and would love to see it continued!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I check every month or so for new progress. Can you give us any information about your current situation?
    Hope to hear from you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Are you still there?
    I'm a bit worried about you because you havn't written anything in the last 5 months while you were very active before.
    Did something happen?

    Hoping to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    i eagerly await news for the project as i find it highly interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think he is ded :c

    ReplyDelete
  11. still notheng :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching you go evermore slightly insane. Lol

      Delete
  12. Damn it's been a year since the last post and i'm still checking back about once a month with that slight faint of hope that there'd be a new post :(

    just hope nothing bad happened to zenox, always feels weird if a person just disappears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was wondering what happened myself :\.

      Delete
  13. Are you alive :'( ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Has Anyone thought of picking this up?

    ReplyDelete
  15. someone try email?

    ReplyDelete